Monday, March 8, 2010

Worthy!

Today in my happy blog wanderings, I came across Brene Brown's blog, Ordinary Courage . . . it is kismet. It is inspiring! I'm at risk of gushing and embarrassing myself. She is a smart, educated and articulate woman talking about being authentic and about whole-hearted living.
There are days on this quest for balance and self-acceptance when I feel as if my equilibrium is constantly threatened by fearfulness, worry and a general sense that I'm not good enough . . . these are the dark moments. In these moments, I remind myself that good enough is good enough. That the voices that would convince me that being bravely and vibrantly myself isn't safe are likely feeling scared and small themselves.
I'm grateful to women, such Tracy, Robin, Georgia and many others who have inspired me with their words and art. Who have consistently celebrated the present moment, the beauty of connection and joy of discovery. Who have insisted that we are worthy just as we are!

2 comments:

Brené said...

So beautiful! "I remind myself that good enough is good enough. That the voices that would convince me that being bravely and vibrantly myself isn't safe are likely feeling scared and small themselves."

georgia b. said...

YES, YOU ARE!

wonderful photos! what an inspiring day, no?

thank you for writing this and including me among your inspiration. i'm very honored to say the least.