Saturday, January 9, 2010

Evidence of Winter

In our neck of the woods, winter is marked by rain and the occasional day or two of snow. But this Christmas, we had the whole gamut of winter weather! Beautiful frost with sun-filled mornings, drippy rain and a surprise snow storm. Oh, and I failed to mention our most notorious winter weather, the feared ice storm. Thus far, we've avoided this driving disaster this season . . .
Christmas morning, hubby and I snuck out of the house in search of wintery photos. Some these were no further than our backyard.
The frost was heavy and wonderful. I was looking for sun and frost together . . . but the sun was doing his work quickly.

I'm glad that Paige over at Shutter Sisters invited us to show proof of winter in our photos. Today is dark and damp and the pictures are a refreshing reminder of the beauty of winter!

3 comments:

Paige said...

Great shots! I love the frosty leaves. Thanks for playing at Shutter Sisters!

mary T said...

beautiful photos and what a warm and inviting blog! I just stumbled upon you... We share the "mom-part time theripist" thing ;-) I will be dropping in often-blessings

bekkah said...

gorgeous images!!