Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mommy Love

Today's challenge from the ShutterSisters is to share what we love about being a mommy . . .
1. The reckless abandon of my children's laughter. The dizzy twirling, spinning and generally frenetic energy! (though sometimes I do wish they'd be still and quiet!)
2. The adoration they have for each other. I very regularly hear from them both how much they love the other . . . I should record these proclamations as evidence in future disputes!
3. Their innocence and their sponge-like ability to sop up all manner of information. The other day I was painting my toenails, apparently for the first time they could remember (says a little something about the state of my feet . . . blush), and the next thing I knew, they were both attempting to color their own toenails with crayons! Very sweet.
4. Cuddles and loves. Need I say more?
5. The knowledge that there are these two precious beings that I would do anything for -- the wonder of looking into their beautiful eyes and knowing that they are my own sweet babies. The pleasure of watching them grow, the anticipation of a future filled with adventure and happiness. They make this whole growing older thing ok -- if I can watch them experience life in all its fullness. 

No comments: