It's been awhile since I've played along with Fix it Friday at i heart faces! So let's see . . . I used photoshop and here are my steps as best I can remember:
1. Threshold to identify highlight and lowlight and skin tone
2. Adjusted using curves
3. Used the highlight/lowlight tool
4. Cropped to remove the light
5. Added a layer with multiple, "erased" to create darker edges. There's a fancy name for that, right?
6. Used burn tool to bring out highlights in eyes
7. Added a bit of color to the blown out bits of the chair
8. Added a Totally Rad filter -- can't remember which!
Life is full and busy. But I'm determined to continue finding ways to include creativity and play. Took some fun pics this morning while cleaning the kitchen sink . . . I'm going to get back to the housework and grocery shopping but with an eye to other images to share later in the day!