Sunday, February 28, 2010

Theme Develops


I have to begin by saying, what the heck happened to blogger overnight? Oh my. This will take a little getting used to.  Yesterday found us back at Forest Park on a walk with another family. This time with camera in tow. And guess what I found! A fire hydrant in the most unlikely place. 



Everyone gathered around looking a bit stupefied while I snapped a few pictures of the oddly placed and artistically rusted and moss-endowed hydrant. Since taking my first hydrant shots a few weeks back, I see them everywhere! Saw three on the back of a truck the other day. Two red and one yellow. Wish I had my camera . . . 


Of the three different processing choices, which is your favorite? I'm feeling a little partial to the fading vignette on the last one. I've begun to discover my personal "style" -- turns out I like colors that pop and a more gritty feel. I admire the soft pastels and faded colors of many of the photographers I follow . . . seems those aren't the pictures I've taken recently. Hmm. Guess I'll see what draws my eye and allow this new sense of myself as an artist to develop!

2 comments:

georgia b. said...

i seriously cannot pick which one is my favorite. when i am looking at one, i think, "oh, that's definitely my favorite!" but then i scroll to another, and i think, "wait... no that one is..." and so on. i truly can't pick. i DO love them all! who'da thunk a fire hydrant could look so lovely? great job on all three!

Heather said...

Oh, thank you, Georgia! You are so kind:)