Sunday, February 7, 2010

Grunge

I'm attracted to the grunge of city scape and street photography but find myself self-conscience when it comes to taking the pictures. Yesterday, we took a stroll with friends along the waterfront and were able to stand on the last of three bridges that were raised for a barge and its little tug boat.
Of the few pictures I took on the walk, these two are the only keepers. I think the key will be to find a similar minded photography buddy and take my time . . . without little children threatening to fling themselves off the pier or in front of speeding bicycles.

I've started Understanding Close-Up Photography by Peterson and am feeling inspired! I'm beginning to get a better understanding of what lens to use and when to get the effect that I want. Now to practice, practice, practice!