Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fun with Falling

This upcoming week is the final photography class. We're supposed to bring enlargements of our best "work" to share with friends and family . . . I'm all angst-filled about doing this. More on that later. In the meantime, rather than braving the wind and rain and general nastiness of the outdoors, yesterday found the family and I building towers and knocking them down with matchbook cars. I figured it'd be a great opportunity to try to capture action. 
The only trouble was it was too dark so hubby broke out the shop lights. Our own unique brand of "lighting." 
I'd like to try it again with natural lighting and maybe with a bright, colorful ball. Maybe the floor bowling set . . . 
At the end of the destruction, the EMS vehicles were on the scene . . . 
And back to angst, as promised. I have so enjoyed taking this class. It has been challenging and the learning curve steep. The last few classes have really emphasized creating images that you want to share/display and I just don't feel that confident yet. I need to practice, practice, practice. Silly? Yea, I know. This last week, only two other students showed up. And one passed out business cards! She's that serious about starting a photography business. I'm floored. I'm still thinking out every shot . . . 

Now I just want to play and experiment, figure things out organically or with photographer friends. I want this hobby to be respite from the daily stresses of mothering and work. I want to create beautiful images that I can share when I'm ready and in the forum that feels most comfortable and safe. For now, dear readers, that's you!

No comments: