Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Golden Light

We're home! Two weeks and over 3,000 miles later, we have safely returned and begun to settle into our routines. I have so much to share but in response to today's Shutter Sister's prompt, I had to share perhaps my favorite pic of the trip. It was taken on Flat Head Lake, Montana while riding in my Uncle's boat. It was certainly a new photographic challenge to try to capture birds in flight while standing in a bobbing boat! This is a beautiful bald eagle that we first spotted perched on a snag. As we got closer and the angle of the lens changed, I was thrilled to see how the light changed, the flare, the color. It makes my heart happy!

1 comment:

Kristin Zecchinelli said...

beautiful light. welcome home.
that was quite an adventure! (ps the one word this month at shutter sisters IS adventure. serendipitous yes?)